Skip to main content

Cramathon Wrap Up

So the cramathon is nearly over so here is my wrap up. Cramathon went from the July 10th at 12 AM midnight (your time zone) - July 13th at 11:59 PM (your timezone) and was hosted by whittynovels. Although the cramathon does not finish until tonight, I don't see myself reading anything else.The were challenges to the readathon so let’s get started to see if I completed them…

1.Read a children's bookA Bear called Paddington


A Bear Called Paddington (Paddington, #1)I enjoyed reading this as it took me back to my childhood and was an enjoyable read however, I thought that each chapter was like an individual story rather than it mounting to a novel in its own right. It was still a 4 star read. I however didn't read Harry Potter as I wasn't feeling it. 







2. Read a hardbackDeath House by Sarah Pinborough

The Death House
I really enjoyed this book, I went into it not knowing anything about it, thinking that it was more of a horror when in reality it was a contemporary. Although not knowing about it, in my experience made it better and I really loved it, the characters were very good, as well as an entertaining plot with a twist ending. I also really enjoyed the writing of the book. It is definitely one of my favourites of the year.





3. Read 2 books in 24 hours

I read both A Bear called Paddington, Nimona and On the Beach at Night Alone on the first day of the readathon. 

4. Read a graphic novel: Nimona by Noelle Stevenson

NimonaAfter really enjoying Noelle Stevenson drawings in Fangirl, I was really excited for her to release her own graphic novel and the premise really attracted me to the read. I did really enjoy it as her artwork has this unpolished feel which I really liked. I also liked the plot to the story and quickly fell in love with the characters especially Nimona herself. 





5. Read a book written in verseOn the Beach at Night Alone by Walt Whitman

Image result for little black classics walt whitman
Although not a great lover of all things poetry, I did really enjoy this but I don't know if I would buy a whole anthology of this poems but this short snippet was enjoyable. 








6. Read a novellaThe Assassins Blade by Sarah J Maas

The Assassin's Blade (Throne of Glass, #0.1-0.5)
First of all, I didn't read all of this book, I just read the first novella which was the Assassin and the Pirate Lord and I really liked it as I gave this a 5 stars rating rather than the 4 stars that I gave Throne of Glass as I didn't think that it lived up to the hype. I did however warm up to Celaena as a character and I enjoyed the new characters introduced to us like Sam. I also enjoyed Maas's writing and the plot of the story. 





7. Read 5 books total

I did read a total of 6 books but I am in the middle of two books one of which I may read tonight and they are...

Muirwood: The Lost Abbey by Jeff Wheeler


Muirwood: The Lost Abbey (Kindle Serial) (Legends of Muirwood)I enjoyed this graphic novel but it was not the best one I have read but I did enjoy the characters and the art work and do want to know what happens in the next issue as this was only the first issue. 








Currently reading: 

The Beautiful Cassandra by Jane Austen

Image result for jane austen the beautifull cassandraThis so far is a nice introduction to Jane Austen as I am enjoying the short stories inside, this is also making me want to read more of her work such as Pride and Prejudice by her.








Take Back The Skies by Lucy Saxon

Take Back the Skies (Take Back the Skies, #1)I am enjoying this so far and I don't think that I will finish it before tomorrow but I can always hope...










Did you take part in the cramathon? What did you read? Leave them in the comments below.

See you soon,

Amy
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: The Return of the Young Prince by A.G. Roemmers

* I have received this book for review from the publisher but this in no way affects my review *
Title: The Return of the Young Prince Author: A.G. Roemmers Source: From publisher Publisher: One World Publishing Rating: 2/5 stars






Summary of The Return of the Young Prince from Goodreads:
With specially commissioned illustrations by Pietari Posti and a foreword by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry’s nephew,THE RETURN OF THE YOUNG PRINCE will be cherished by children and adults alike across the globe. 
Even princes from faraway planets do not always remain small. Eventually they grow up and – no longer content with their tiny planet – set off once again to explore the universe anew. So the Little Prince, now a teenager, one day returns to Earth and finds himself on a lonely country road in the vast, desolate plains of Patagonia. There he meets the narrator of this novel, who rescues him and takes him on a journey. Slowly the Prince shares the stories of his adventures, and together they begin to explore …

2nd Year Blogging Anniversary and GIVEAWAY (CLOSED)

So if you see by the title of the blog post, it has been over two years, on the 15th June 2015, since my first blog post. I said in my last blog post that a lot has changed in a year but I feel like the thing that has changed most is the layout because let's face it I haven't really been consistent this year. (I blame university.) Although my posts are inconsistent I still love blogging and come up with so many ideas that I want to write about and would love to become more consistent over the next year but we will see how that goes. Blogging comes with a great community of people and Twitter chats have made me find so many books that I love and interact with great people so I am happy to be part of this community. 

So last year I completed a mini-survey which spoke about books that I like and want to read to see if I might have changed in a year so I thought that this was something I will do again...

Q1) Favourite Book

The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak- OK so this one hasn't cha…

Diversity Bingo 2017

To continue with my aim of reading diversely, I decided at the beginning of the year that I was going to do the Diversity Bingo Challenge. The idea of this being to read 36 books and complete the bingo-like sheet with the aim being to read as much diverse fiction as possible. Like a lot of people in the bookish community, I wanted to continue reading more diverse books and thought this would be the way to do it. This post is to update myself and others on my progress in this challenge so if you are looking for recommendations in what to read please look here, herehere and here. So let's get started...
Romance with a trans MC: Non-binary MC (own voices): SFF w/disabled MC: Jewish MC: The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli Indian MC (own voices): Displaced MC: The Jungle by Pooja Puri
MC with an under-represented body: Panther by David Owen  Neuro-diverse MC (own voices): The State of Grace by Rachael Lucas Re-telling with MC belonging to LGBTQIA+:
Bisexual MC (own voices): Our Own Pr…