Skip to main content

Top 5 Wednesday: Favourite Chapter Headngs


It’s Wednesday so that means that it’s Top 5 Wednesday and this week’s topic is favourite chapter headings. To find more about Top 5 Wednesday’s you can join the goodreads group and discover the creator of the group Lainey. So let’s get started…



Number 5- Delirium by Lauren Oliver



Displaying 20150701_135857.jpg
In Delirium the chapter headers are accompanied by quotes that relate to the story, giving examples of why the society is like it is allowing the reader to give context to the dystopian future. It also has great typography and the addition of birds is a nice touch. 



Number 4-All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven





In All the Bright Places, the chapter headings are used as a way of see the development of the characters over the course of the novel especially the way it is used for Violet, and are quite effective in this hence the number 4 spot.

Number 3- The Iron King by Julie Kagawa

Image result for iron king book
 
In the Iron Fey series and The Iron King, the chapter headings are used to give an insight to the chapter’s contents without being too explicit in what is happening. It also contain a gorgeous detail that matches the cover.


Number 2- The Book Thief By Markus Zusak


 In the Book Thief, the chapter headings are used to see what is included in the next chapter and has beautiful typography that make it quite interesting and adds to what is a really great book.

  Number 1- Remix by Non Pratt


Remix is set at a fictional festival so it is used to good effect, the fact that the chapter headings are song titles for example The Fall out Boy song thnks fr th mmrs. Although I have not read the book I feel that the songs would add to the theme of the book quite well.

 Honourable Mentions

-     Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell- Cath the main character is a fan fiction writer and both the book she writes fan fiction about and her own fan fiction is used effectively in this book.

-      Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews- The chapter headings are equally as funny as the book itself and reflect Greg’s personality also the design is also very nice.  

-      Unwind by Neal Shusterman- The book uses extracts from today’s society and the dystopian society within relating it to the book's content, both Unwind and Delirium do this effectively in their headings.   

-      City of Heavenly Fire and the rest of the TMI series by Cassandra Clare- Cassandra Clare used chapter headings as a way of a vague description of the chapter but does them in her own unique way. 

What are your favourite chapter headings? Leave them in the comments below.

See you soon 

Amy
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: The Return of the Young Prince by A.G. Roemmers

* I have received this book for review from the publisher but this in no way affects my review *
Title: The Return of the Young Prince Author: A.G. Roemmers Source: From publisher Publisher: One World Publishing Rating: 2/5 stars






Summary of The Return of the Young Prince from Goodreads:
With specially commissioned illustrations by Pietari Posti and a foreword by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry’s nephew,THE RETURN OF THE YOUNG PRINCE will be cherished by children and adults alike across the globe. 
Even princes from faraway planets do not always remain small. Eventually they grow up and – no longer content with their tiny planet – set off once again to explore the universe anew. So the Little Prince, now a teenager, one day returns to Earth and finds himself on a lonely country road in the vast, desolate plains of Patagonia. There he meets the narrator of this novel, who rescues him and takes him on a journey. Slowly the Prince shares the stories of his adventures, and together they begin to explore …

1 Year Blogging Anniversary and Giveaway (CLOSED)

So if you could not see by the title of the blog post, it has been a year since I posted my first blog post. I can happily say that this blog has changed a lot in this one year, I mean the layout has not been dramatically altered but the content has. This blog has increased my passion for reading and has been a way that I can spread this with everyone in this community. This has led me to read some incredible books and interact with some great people and I can happily say that I feel part of the community. 

Due to this being the first year of the blog existing, I hope for this to be the first of many so to track the changes in my blogging life especially in terms of my reading life. So let's get started...

Q1) Favourite book?

The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak- No book that I have read in the last two years seems to surpass how much I love this book but I am not saying that the books that I have read after this one are bad I just like this one a bit more...










Q2) What book do you hope to re…

2nd Year Blogging Anniversary and GIVEAWAY (OPEN)

So if you see by the title of the blog post, it has been over two years, on the 15th June 2015, since my first blog post. I said in my last blog post that a lot has changed in a year but I feel like the thing that has changed most is the layout because let's face it I haven't really been consistent this year. (I blame university.) Although my posts are inconsistent I still love blogging and come up with so many ideas that I want to write about and would love to become more consistent over the next year but we will see how that goes. Blogging comes with a great community of people and Twitter chats have made me find so many books that I love and interact with great people so I am happy to be part of this community. 

So last year I completed a mini-survey which spoke about books that I like and want to read to see if I might have changed in a year so I thought that this was something I will do again...

Q1) Favourite Book

The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak- OK so this one hasn't cha…