Skip to main content

Top 5 Wednesday: Favourite Maps

Top 5 WednesdayIt’s Wednesday so that means that it’s Top 5 Wednesday and this week’s topic is favourite maps. To find more about Top 5 Wednesday’s you can join the goodreads group and discover the creator of the group Lainey. So let’s get started…





Number 5: Monument 14 by Emmy Laybourne



Monument 14 (Monument 14, #1)I find that it is rare for a dystopian/ post-apocalyptic book to contain a map but this one does. I feel like it adds scope to the novel and you can understand the location of each person in relation to each other. This novel is also set in a supermarket so you can see how they adapt it to their needs.  










Number 4: The Lord Of The Rings/The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkien 













The Hobbit (Middle-Earth Universe)The Lord of the RingsBeing one of the most epic fantasy novels ever, it is expected that the maps would be one of the best and most stunning around and they are. Again the scope of series is massive and the maps themselves let you kept up with their journey. 








Number 3: Song Of Ice & Fire series by George R.R. Martin 



A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1)I have to admit that I have not read the book or seen the television show (this is kind of a lying I am 20 pages through the first book but I don't think that counts) but the map is beautiful and it looks like it would be helpful to visual the lands









Number 2: The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo




Shadow and Bone (The Grisha, #1)I really enjoyed this trilogy but the scope of this book is quite large so having a map really helped in knowing where the characters were plus the map in the series were really beautifully illustrated so that helps too.











Number 1:Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas



Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)Again this is an epic fantasy series and this makes it more understandable especially when the first novel does cover a large area and I would find times when I would look at the maps for guidance and found it helpful. Plus they are very pretty too.






Honorable Mentions:


-Harry Potter-Marauder's Map- I know this is in the film and I don't think can be seen in the books but it is a nice looking map. 




Image result for bone season map







-The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon- Although I do wish there was more than just the one map, I feel like it helps with Sheol I although not the prettiest of maps.







Image result for prentisstown map-The Chaos Walking series by Patrick Ness- Although only in the last book which I haven't read again the map helps with identifying places and giving an idea of where they are. A nice edition to a good series. 







Image result for downsiders map- Downsiders by Neal Shusterman- Also another nice map in books and can give a good contrast with the topside and the side with which they live. 









- Legend by Marie Lu- I like the map in this book as it gives scope to the new dystopian America as the land has changed a large amount. (This map is in Prodigy)






What are you favourite maps in books? Leave them in the comments below.

See you soon, 

Amy
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: The Return of the Young Prince by A.G. Roemmers

* I have received this book for review from the publisher but this in no way affects my review *
Title: The Return of the Young Prince Author: A.G. Roemmers Source: From publisher Publisher: One World Publishing Rating: 2/5 stars






Summary of The Return of the Young Prince from Goodreads:
With specially commissioned illustrations by Pietari Posti and a foreword by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry’s nephew,THE RETURN OF THE YOUNG PRINCE will be cherished by children and adults alike across the globe. 
Even princes from faraway planets do not always remain small. Eventually they grow up and – no longer content with their tiny planet – set off once again to explore the universe anew. So the Little Prince, now a teenager, one day returns to Earth and finds himself on a lonely country road in the vast, desolate plains of Patagonia. There he meets the narrator of this novel, who rescues him and takes him on a journey. Slowly the Prince shares the stories of his adventures, and together they begin to explore …

2nd Year Blogging Anniversary and GIVEAWAY (CLOSED)

So if you see by the title of the blog post, it has been over two years, on the 15th June 2015, since my first blog post. I said in my last blog post that a lot has changed in a year but I feel like the thing that has changed most is the layout because let's face it I haven't really been consistent this year. (I blame university.) Although my posts are inconsistent I still love blogging and come up with so many ideas that I want to write about and would love to become more consistent over the next year but we will see how that goes. Blogging comes with a great community of people and Twitter chats have made me find so many books that I love and interact with great people so I am happy to be part of this community. 

So last year I completed a mini-survey which spoke about books that I like and want to read to see if I might have changed in a year so I thought that this was something I will do again...

Q1) Favourite Book

The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak- OK so this one hasn't cha…

Diversity Bingo 2017

To continue with my aim of reading diversely, I decided at the beginning of the year that I was going to do the Diversity Bingo Challenge. The idea of this being to read 36 books and complete the bingo-like sheet with the aim being to read as much diverse fiction as possible. Like a lot of people in the bookish community, I wanted to continue reading more diverse books and thought this would be the way to do it. This post is to update myself and others on my progress in this challenge so if you are looking for recommendations in what to read please look here, herehere and here. So let's get started...
Romance with a trans MC: Non-binary MC (own voices): SFF w/disabled MC: Jewish MC: The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli Indian MC (own voices): Displaced MC: The Jungle by Pooja Puri
MC with an under-represented body: Panther by David Owen  Neuro-diverse MC (own voices): The State of Grace by Rachael Lucas Re-telling with MC belonging to LGBTQIA+:
Bisexual MC (own voices): Our Own Pr…