Skip to main content

Popsugar Reading Challenge 2016

So last year I did a challenge was the Ultimate Reading Challenge by Popsugar. I did this to make my reading more diverse and although I completed 40 out of 50 books, I do not think I used it as much as I should have. This is the reason for redoing the challenge this year as I want to read more diversely and I think this will help. I will be updating this as I read the books and the challenges that have been completed will be in bold while those not completed being in italics. So let's get started...

Challenges:


A book based on a fairy tale: Winter By Marissa Meyer
A National Book Award winner
A YA bestseller: Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella 
A book you haven’t read since high school: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling 
A book set in your home country: All Of The Above by Juno Dawson 
A book translated into English: Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi  
A romance set in the future: The Next Together by Lauren James
A book set in Europe: The Square Root of Summer by Harriet Rueter Hapgood
A book that’s under 150 pages: Kindred Spirits by Rainbow Rowell
A New York Times bestseller: Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas
A book that’s becoming a movie this year: Me Before You by Jojo Moyes 
A book recommended by someone you just met
A self-improvement book
A book you can finish in a day: The Lottery by Shirley Jackson 
A book that was written by a celebrity: The Zodiac Legacy by Stuart Moore and Stan Lee 
A political memoir
A book at least 100 years older than you: Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen 
A book that’s more than 600 pages: Gemina by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman
A book from Oprah’s Book Club
A science-fiction novel: The Fever Code by James Dashner 
A book recommended by a family member
A graphic novel: Camp Midnight by Steven Seagle
A book that is published in 2016: Front Lines by Micheal Grant 
A book with a protagonist who has your occupation: What We Left Behind by Robin Talley
A book that takes place during Summer: Dumplin' by Julie Murphy 
A book and its prequel
A murder mystery: Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas
A book written by a comedian: The Actual One by Izzy Suttie
A dystopian novel: End of Days by Susan Ee
A book with a blue cover: The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Maas
A book of poetry: My Life Stood a Loaded Gun by Emily Dickinson
The first book you see in a bookstore: The Girl of Ink and Stars by Karen Millwood Hargrave
A classic from the 20th century: The Catcher In The Rye by J.D. Salinger
A book from the library: Through the Woods by Emily Carroll
An autobiography: Hyperbole and a Half by Allie Brosh
A book about a road trip: Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
A book about a culture you’re unfamiliar with: American Born Chinese by Gene Leun Yang 
A satirical book
A book that takes place on an island: The Catalyst by Helena Coggan
A book that’s guaranteed to bring you joy: Ms Marvel Volume 1: No Normal by G. Willow Wilson

Completed:  32/40

Are you doing the Popsugar Reading Challenge this year? If so, what are you reading? Leave it in the comments below. 

See you soon, 

Amy
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: The Return of the Young Prince by A.G. Roemmers

* I have received this book for review from the publisher but this in no way affects my review *
Title: The Return of the Young Prince Author: A.G. Roemmers Source: From publisher Publisher: One World Publishing Rating: 2/5 stars






Summary of The Return of the Young Prince from Goodreads:
With specially commissioned illustrations by Pietari Posti and a foreword by Antoine de Saint-ExupĂ©ry’s nephew,THE RETURN OF THE YOUNG PRINCE will be cherished by children and adults alike across the globe. 
Even princes from faraway planets do not always remain small. Eventually they grow up and – no longer content with their tiny planet – set off once again to explore the universe anew. So the Little Prince, now a teenager, one day returns to Earth and finds himself on a lonely country road in the vast, desolate plains of Patagonia. There he meets the narrator of this novel, who rescues him and takes him on a journey. Slowly the Prince shares the stories of his adventures, and together they begin to explore …

2nd Year Blogging Anniversary and GIVEAWAY (CLOSED)

So if you see by the title of the blog post, it has been over two years, on the 15th June 2015, since my first blog post. I said in my last blog post that a lot has changed in a year but I feel like the thing that has changed most is the layout because let's face it I haven't really been consistent this year. (I blame university.) Although my posts are inconsistent I still love blogging and come up with so many ideas that I want to write about and would love to become more consistent over the next year but we will see how that goes. Blogging comes with a great community of people and Twitter chats have made me find so many books that I love and interact with great people so I am happy to be part of this community. 

So last year I completed a mini-survey which spoke about books that I like and want to read to see if I might have changed in a year so I thought that this was something I will do again...

Q1) Favourite Book

The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak- OK so this one hasn't cha…

Female Representation in Harry Potter: A Transcription

So later today, in 2 hours I am going to be doing a presentation on Female Representation in Harry Potter for my university's Harry Potter Society and I thought some of you may be interested in what I had to say. I also respect that people may disagree with my views on the subject and understand that this is not the only opinion you can have. So here it is...

Hello, everyone. Thank you for coming! Today I am going to discuss female representation in Harry Potter books and films. The aims of this presentation would be to introduce you to the fact that female representation in Harry Potter may not be what it seems. So you may think that female characters are actually quite well done in the series but at some points, this is not the case. To look at this further I will be looking at characters individually as well as some aspects of the series in general. I guess that until I first researched the topic, I thought that of course, Harry Potter was going to have good female representation…