Skip to main content

Rapid Fire Book Tag

A book tag that has been doing the rounds on YouTube is the Rapid Fire Book Tag which was created by Kate at GirlReading and it is one that I really enjoy watching so wanted to answer the questions myself. Without further ado, let's get started...


- E-Book or Physical Book? 

Physical Book. But I like E-Books because I tend to read them quicker than paperbacks. 


- Paperback or Hardback?


Paperback because they are just easier to read than a hardback. 


- Online or In-Store Book Shopping?


Both because you can get cheap books online and in store. 


- Trilogies or Series?


Trilogies because I am really terrible at completing series in general so series are just too long. 


- Heroes or Villains?


Heroes because I have never been a fan of villains they are evil for a reason.


- A book you want everyone to read?


The Opposite of Loneliness: Essays and StoriesThe Opposite of Loneliness by Marina Keegan because it is a great book but not many people have read it. 














- Recommend an underrated book?

Radio SilenceRadio Silence by Alice Oseman. Just a great diverse book.















- The last book you finished?


The Memory BookThe Memory Book by Lara Avery which is a really good but heartbreaking book already out in America but not in the UK until 2017.












- The Last Book You Bought? 

BlameBlame by Simon Mayo? I don't know it has been a while since I brought a book as I have been on a book buying ban. 














- Weirdest Thing You've Used as a Bookmark?

I often use my own arm as a bookmark so probably that.



- Used Books: Yes or No?


YES! Not all of us can buy books full price. 


- Top Three Favourite Genres?


Contemporary, Fantasy, Dystopia 


- Borrow or Buy?


Buy. I used to have a great library near me but I tried to go to my local library and it is not that good...


- Characters or Plot?

I often feel like characters make a bad plot better so characters.


- Long or Short Books?

Short books because they are fast to read and often get you out of a book slump. 

- Long or Short Chapters?

Short Chapters because they make me feel like I am reading faster and I just like them. 

- Name The First Three Books You Think Of...

The Maze Runner, Am I Normal Yet?, Twilight

- Books That Makes You Laugh or Cry?

Books That Make Me Laugh as a book has never made me cry.

- Our World or Fictional Worlds?

Books with fictional worlds set in our world.

- Audiobooks: Yes or No?

I have not really tried to listen to audiobooks so No I guess. 

- Do You Ever Judge a Book by its Cover?

I want to say No but I guess we all do from time to time!

- Book to Movie or Book to TV Adaptations? 

Book To Movie because out of the two they just tend to be better.

- A Movie or TV-Show You Preferred to its Book? 

The Spectacular Now

- Series or Standalone's? 

Standalones as like previously said I am terrible at series.

So that was the Rapid Fire Book Tag. If you want to do this tag, then I tag you to do. 

See you soon, 

Amy

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: The Return of the Young Prince by A.G. Roemmers

* I have received this book for review from the publisher but this in no way affects my review *
Title: The Return of the Young Prince Author: A.G. Roemmers Source: From publisher Publisher: One World Publishing Rating: 2/5 stars






Summary of The Return of the Young Prince from Goodreads:
With specially commissioned illustrations by Pietari Posti and a foreword by Antoine de Saint-ExupĂ©ry’s nephew,THE RETURN OF THE YOUNG PRINCE will be cherished by children and adults alike across the globe. 
Even princes from faraway planets do not always remain small. Eventually they grow up and – no longer content with their tiny planet – set off once again to explore the universe anew. So the Little Prince, now a teenager, one day returns to Earth and finds himself on a lonely country road in the vast, desolate plains of Patagonia. There he meets the narrator of this novel, who rescues him and takes him on a journey. Slowly the Prince shares the stories of his adventures, and together they begin to explore …

2nd Year Blogging Anniversary and GIVEAWAY (CLOSED)

So if you see by the title of the blog post, it has been over two years, on the 15th June 2015, since my first blog post. I said in my last blog post that a lot has changed in a year but I feel like the thing that has changed most is the layout because let's face it I haven't really been consistent this year. (I blame university.) Although my posts are inconsistent I still love blogging and come up with so many ideas that I want to write about and would love to become more consistent over the next year but we will see how that goes. Blogging comes with a great community of people and Twitter chats have made me find so many books that I love and interact with great people so I am happy to be part of this community. 

So last year I completed a mini-survey which spoke about books that I like and want to read to see if I might have changed in a year so I thought that this was something I will do again...

Q1) Favourite Book

The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak- OK so this one hasn't cha…

Female Representation in Harry Potter: A Transcription

So later today, in 2 hours I am going to be doing a presentation on Female Representation in Harry Potter for my university's Harry Potter Society and I thought some of you may be interested in what I had to say. I also respect that people may disagree with my views on the subject and understand that this is not the only opinion you can have. So here it is...

Hello, everyone. Thank you for coming! Today I am going to discuss female representation in Harry Potter books and films. The aims of this presentation would be to introduce you to the fact that female representation in Harry Potter may not be what it seems. So you may think that female characters are actually quite well done in the series but at some points, this is not the case. To look at this further I will be looking at characters individually as well as some aspects of the series in general. I guess that until I first researched the topic, I thought that of course, Harry Potter was going to have good female representation…