Skip to main content

Popsugar Reading Challenge 2017

So for the last two years, I have completed the Popsugar Reading Challenge to diversify my reading, to often push me out of my comfort zone. Although this works to some extent, I like the challenges and thought that it would be quite fun so let's get started... 

A book recommended by a librarian:
A book that has been on your TBR list for way too long: 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher
A book of letters:
An audiobook: Aristotle and Dante Discover The Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz 
A book by a person of colour: The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
A book with one of the four seasons in the title:
A book that is a story within a story: All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill 
A book with multiple authors: We Come Apart by Sarah Crossan and Brian Conaghan  
An espionage thriller:
A book with a cat on the cover:
A book by an author who uses a pseudonym: The Potion Diaries by Amy Alward
A bestseller from a genre you don’t normally read: The Princess Saves Herself in This One by Amanda Lovelace 
A book by or about a person who has a disability: A Quiet Kind of Thunder by Sara Barnard
A book involving travel: Street Song by Sheena Wilkinson 
A book with a subtitle: Doing It: Let's Talk About Sex by Hannah Witton
A book that’s published in 2017: Roseblood by A.G. Howard
A book involving a mythical creature: The Tales of Beedle The Bard by J.K. Rowling
A book you’ve read before that never fails to make you smile:
A book about food:
A book with career advice: How to Success! by Corinne Caputo
A book from a nonhuman perspective:
A steampunk novel:
A book with a red spine: Panther by David Owen 
A book set in the wilderness: No Mercy by Various Authors 
A book you loved as a child:
A book by an author from a country you’ve never visited: We Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie 
A book with a title that’s a character’s name: Harry Potter and Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling 
A novel set during wartime: Silver Stars by Michael Grant
A book with an unreliable narrator:
A book with pictures: Note To Self by Connor Franta 
A book where the main character is a different ethnicity than you: The Jungle by Pooja Puri 
A book about an interesting woman: Quite Contrary by Mary Whitehouse  
A book set in two different time periods:
A book with a month or day of the week in the title:
A book set in a hotel:
A book written by someone you admire: Harry Potter and the Prison of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling
A book that’s becoming a movie in 2017: Wonder by R.J. Palacio 
A book set around a holiday other than Christmas
The first book in a series you haven’t read before: Strange The Dreamer by Laini Taylor
A book you bought on a trip: America #1 by Various


Bonus:

A book recommended by an author you love: Forever by Judy Blume
A bestseller in 2016: The Museum of Heartbreak by Meg Leder
A book with a family-member term in the title
A book that takes place over a character's life span 
A book about an immigrant or a refugee: I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai
A book about a genre/subgenre that you've never heard of 
A book with an eccentric character
A book that's more than 800 pages
A book you've got from a used book sale
A book that's been mentioned in another book: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling
A book about a difficult topic: Coming of Age in Mississippi by Anne Moody 
A book based on mythology

30/52 completed (updated 25/06/2017)

Are you taking part in any reading challenges? If so what are they?

See you soon, 

Amy
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: The Return of the Young Prince by A.G. Roemmers

* I have received this book for review from the publisher but this in no way affects my review *
Title: The Return of the Young Prince Author: A.G. Roemmers Source: From publisher Publisher: One World Publishing Rating: 2/5 stars






Summary of The Return of the Young Prince from Goodreads:
With specially commissioned illustrations by Pietari Posti and a foreword by Antoine de Saint-ExupĂ©ry’s nephew,THE RETURN OF THE YOUNG PRINCE will be cherished by children and adults alike across the globe. 
Even princes from faraway planets do not always remain small. Eventually they grow up and – no longer content with their tiny planet – set off once again to explore the universe anew. So the Little Prince, now a teenager, one day returns to Earth and finds himself on a lonely country road in the vast, desolate plains of Patagonia. There he meets the narrator of this novel, who rescues him and takes him on a journey. Slowly the Prince shares the stories of his adventures, and together they begin to explore …

2nd Year Blogging Anniversary and GIVEAWAY (CLOSED)

So if you see by the title of the blog post, it has been over two years, on the 15th June 2015, since my first blog post. I said in my last blog post that a lot has changed in a year but I feel like the thing that has changed most is the layout because let's face it I haven't really been consistent this year. (I blame university.) Although my posts are inconsistent I still love blogging and come up with so many ideas that I want to write about and would love to become more consistent over the next year but we will see how that goes. Blogging comes with a great community of people and Twitter chats have made me find so many books that I love and interact with great people so I am happy to be part of this community. 

So last year I completed a mini-survey which spoke about books that I like and want to read to see if I might have changed in a year so I thought that this was something I will do again...

Q1) Favourite Book

The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak- OK so this one hasn't cha…

Female Representation in Harry Potter: A Transcription

So later today, in 2 hours I am going to be doing a presentation on Female Representation in Harry Potter for my university's Harry Potter Society and I thought some of you may be interested in what I had to say. I also respect that people may disagree with my views on the subject and understand that this is not the only opinion you can have. So here it is...

Hello, everyone. Thank you for coming! Today I am going to discuss female representation in Harry Potter books and films. The aims of this presentation would be to introduce you to the fact that female representation in Harry Potter may not be what it seems. So you may think that female characters are actually quite well done in the series but at some points, this is not the case. To look at this further I will be looking at characters individually as well as some aspects of the series in general. I guess that until I first researched the topic, I thought that of course, Harry Potter was going to have good female representation…